10 August 2008

I'm all for goin natural...but DAMN!

Hey Ya'll! Its been strange not postin...and it feels even more strange that I am postin on a Sunday. I NEVER post on weekends!! Guess that goes to show yall how bored i am *sigh*. Well, lets see whats new around here...oh! i just posted a picturrre...look to the right of this post please *waiting while you take a gander* yes im a doll aint i, just the cutest darn thing you ever did see ;)

Anyway this post was gonna be bout my great grandmother....but i cant find any pictures right now and you need them for the story..so later, mmkay? But this weekend i was at my dads house and all of my heathen little cousins where there. there are nine of them...so there were 11 little kids runnin around my fathers house and i never understood when grown up told us that we smelled like outside...but honey when them kids spent all day on the giant trampoline and then came spillin into the house when it was time for dinner....the best word to describe the funk is NATURE. they smelled VERY natural okay? like grass, sticks, dirt and skunks. holy mackerel did they stink! I cant even believe i used to smell like that. the odor was so powerful that it got me wondering at what age do you start insisting that your child wear deodorant? i would have thought at about age 9 or so but when my baby brother ran pat me after his cousins i know i got a whiff of his au naturale and hes only 2!! and the way everyone else was carryin on you would have thought that i was the only one who smelled it! The parents just let them sit right at the table with us clean folk!! i was in shock! like i know that when you become a parent you learn to ignore certain things, but damn that! Maybe im overreacting...has anyone else had this experience?

seriously, im waiting for an answer...

pink.

3 comments:

Dave Van Buren said...

there is no age requirement on funk. My daughter had her days when she was 2 and 3. Letting them sit at the table and stink was probably easier than making all of them take a shower and change clothes.

Mrs Count said...

Girl I was at a cookout this weekend and those kids were funky and dirty! I started with the deoderant at 5. It was that tub of stuff that was like lotion. It was called Tussy...anybody else remeber that? lol

I posted yesterday too! Blogword can now go into shock!

Tom_Gurl said...

Loving the pic...look at you!!

Yea I know all about that funk! My sister had my nephew wearing deodorant at 7...my lil brother-now HE has some killer funk! Like forreal-smelling like a grown ass man..and he's 10!