20 August 2008

The RE-Education...

Hey Hey Heeey!!!! It's almost Fridaaaaay! Ok. Im done rhyming...but good morning. I am tired but very excited about my vacay!! Anyway...this here post is something that I have been thinkin about for a while but i rarely share with anyone bc...well, just bc ok? Really there isnt a reason why, its just one of the few things i voice my opinion on. I have very specific feelings about how a relationship should be between a man and woman. Now I'm not talking about a lil rinky dink relationship. I'm talkin about marriage, or a relationship with the potential of marriage. I feel like the man should be the leader and the head of the household. Regardless of how much money he makes or whatever. Now, im not the least bit submissive, AT ALL lol. but I dont believe that I have to be to let my man take care of the things that a man should. Now I do believe that if he isnt taking care of his business as a man, then as the wife, fiance, whatever it is my job to take over...but only then. I dont know if i'm sounding right. and maybe this is why i dont express my views on this topic alot. I just know what i think. The man that i hopefully end up with one day would be a king and think of himself as such. I need someone thats strong and doesnt buckle at the sign of pressure from work or life in general. Someone that has dreams and makes me want to believe in him. Someone for my sons to want to be like. But a man who also understands that while i am here to support his endeavors that i am in no way his shadow and i have goals and dreams of my own that he should support as well. Damn, you know who i just described? Barack and Michelle. Now thats the kind of relationship i want. I would say that The Obama's should be the first family even if it were only to show the black community what a black family is. Obviously not every black man is gonna be a presidential nominee...but for some reason i just get the feeling that even if Barack were a janitor Michelle would be there holding him down. And if they aint really like that then they do a damn good job of frontin.

Anyway, i know yall wonderin why im gettin all Oprah on yall and shit. I was talkin to a co-worker and friend of mine, Dante Moore. His book, (yall like how im friends with Authors and shit hunh? Yeah, i know lol) The Re-Education of the Female just came out last month and I read it bc I'm always trying to get to know what men like and what goes on in that teeny weeny tiny brain of theirs lol. Dante says alot of things in his book that may piss some women off, but that i understand. This book isnt a step by step guide to how to get a man its just his thoughts about what women are doing wrong. He's very straight-foward...kinda like he's talkin to his boys...so it gets kinda harsh, but it is what it is. We want the truth but we are asking the wrong person. Which is something he discusses...

-Wait a minute...i dont even know why the hell I'm givin his ass all this damn exposure when he didnt even blog like i asked him too!! I reach millions...MILLIONS with my blog each day (ok...maybe im exaggerating) but he cant even give us somethin other than the stale crap he blogged about back in '78?! Oh yeah...check him out here-

But yeah, he discusses a wide range of topics in his book from why he thinks men cheat, to the break down of the black family, sex and even religion. It's a book that i think all black women who are interested in learning how men think should read as well as men...i wanna know if Dante is right in his assumptions lmao!

Sorry if i got all deep on yall...this just goes to show im not as retarded as you think ;)

pink.

4 comments:

Dave Van Buren said...

lol.. dude is going to get so much ahte mail for writing that book. he might be 100% right but most women don't want to hear that.

iCandy21 said...

i never thought u were retarded =] Good blog though...you'll one day get that man you seek...in due time. I completely understood your thoughts about the topic btw

Jazzy said...

I understand what you mean about relationships, but your boys book (judging from that opening paragraph), is offensive to the very audience he is marketing to...women.

"Neither I nor any other man should have to restrain our natural masculinity and dominant way of behaving because of a female’s insecurities, anxieties, and idiosyncrasies. I feel if you start to subdue your behavior at the behest of a woman, it diminishes you as a man."

lol...is this really how he is in person? It just seems like he's deliberately trying to be sensational.

TheReEducator said...

No sensationalism slim, just reality.