13 August 2008

It's Been A Long Time...

I shouldna left you...with out a dope...sike lemme stop! Hello all...im baaaaack!! With an explanation of course. Lets see....Wednesday thru Sunday I was sick. I had an earache and a fever and since i didnt come to work and i dont have the innernets at home...i didnt post. Monday I had surgery and was on Percocets, so my post wouldnt have even been coherent if i HAD posted. Tuesday, I was still on the percs...smh. So here we are at Wednesday!!!

Why did I have surgery you ask? Well back in May I had a molar pregnancy which is baisically like a tumor (if you really wanna know exactly what it is then look it up...but i dont feel like givin a detailed explanation and i know you dont feel like reading one...) in your uterus. I had a D&C performed and my GYN thought they had removed the tissue...but negative. When they found out that they hadnt they sent me over to Washington Cancer Institute (no...i dont have cancer) and i began chemotherapy treatments once a week. Even though i dont have cancer, since all of the tissue was not removed they treat it like cancer by administering chemotherapy. if you know anything about chemo then you know that it is used to kill off cells that are growing rapidly than normal. Anyway, two weeks ago, my GYN Oncologist (fancy name, hunh?) said that i wasnt responding as well as he would like to the therapy so they were gonna switch to a more aggressive one. Instead of intramuscular, this one is givin intravenously. However, it is much to strong a drug to just be pumpin through the veins in your arm...so I had surgery on Monday so that they could place a MediPort into my chest and they would inject the chemo through there every OTHER week now. So that is whats going on with me. No, i am not bald headed...I havent even lost hair. I still weigh my usual 164.5 pounds...and i donnt be throwin up and stuff. And if i didnt tell you then you would never even know...hell, i been receivin treatment for about 6 weeks and the people at my job are just now finding out. My doctor says everything should be over and done with in about 3/4 weeks...so im praying for that. And im STILL goin to Vegas!! How you like me now?! lmao...

Any other questions you would like to know the answers to?

pink.

4 comments:

Mrs Count said...

I was singing right along with the first line! My mom had a molar pregnacy when I was younger. She had to stay in the hospital for a few days. I'm glad you're ok. I have a question, tell me where iCandy lives...I still haven't worked up the nerve to ask! I feel like a stalker.

Dave Van Buren said...

Chemo is a scary word, but I'm glad it's not the big C. Also glad to hear you not losing your hair. You too pretty to go blad.

pink said...

TM- really?! its really rare...like 1 in every 1000 females rare. and if candy sees your comment shes gonna know that you are a stalker mc stalker!! lmao...i told her to hit you up on your blog tho...

Dave- awww thx hunnie!! i told you i wasnt a mud duck...lmao

Tom_Gurl said...

Before now, I'd never heard of a molar pregnancy....wow @ all the treatment..but I'm glad to read you're doing well!