29 October 2008

Am I Your Girlfriend?

OK...this post aint about me. Why? Because I have nothin to tell...except that Jhony's been callin but for some reason I dont feel like talkin to him..maybe I'll call back today. Who knows? I'm real finnicky like that. Anyways...

So my homegirl has been dating this guy since April. Thats 6 months, in case you couldnt do the math. Now, the are just dating. There is no title or anything. But they have been dating exclusively for these 6 months. Are you with me? Ok, good.

So after 6 months of dating...exclusively...she sends him a text asking the question..."am I your girlfriend." No response. That was Sunday night. Monday, at around 6 pm he calls her and says that he had left his phone over his mans house and that he just got it back...whats up? she asked him if he got her text and he says no. So they finally get into the conversation of wether they are actually together and he says," well, i dont want a girlfriend right now. I'm still broken up over my last two relationships."

TIRE.SCREECH...

what?! What do you mean that you are still broken up over your last two relationships?! What the hell did you think this six months was?!

Those were her thoughts and I totally agree. How do you date someone EXCLUSIVELY for six months and not want a girlfriend? Isnt that like having one just without the title? I dont get it. I think that exgirlfriend thing was a cop out. I dont think that's what it is at all. I just think that he wants to do whatever he wants to do and he wants to keep kcufing her.

So she calls me crying and all upset. Shes confused as to why he would string her along and she feels like shes wasted her time on him. But the thing is, is that she REALLY likes him. My advice to her was to do what she thought was best. because there is no compromise in this situation. Either she sticks around until he's ready for a relationship or she leaves him alone. either way shes not getting what she wants right now.

What do you think? Is he ridiculous? Is she trippin? Is 6 months too long or not long enough? What would you do?

Tell me!

pink.

8 comments:

Jazzy said...

I think your girl is tripping for sending that text…doesn’t make her look good at all. I can just imagine how she must have felt waiting and waiting for his response and then he’s acting like he didn’t get it…that was really low on his part.

I also think it speaks volumes that he never talked to her about those two past relationships and never talked to her about his view on a future relationship. Dude is not ready…can’t be mad at that. I don’t think he lead her on, if neither one of them ever bought up the subject.

Knowing me I would probably move him into my “emergency d!ck” category and/or keep it moving.

Mrs Count said...

I think he's a liar and she is trippin and I would walk away, delete the number, and learn the lesson. Aint no dude broken up from his last TWO relationships and he hasn't mentioned it in the 6months they have been dating.

But perhaps I'm a bit hard on people, lol.

pink said...

Diva...yeah i dont think that was the best way to ask the question, i guess she was just trying to get it out before she changed her mind about askin...i think he was lying about not getting the text.

he did speak on the relationships...but never mentioned that he was "soooo broken up" over them. I think that he never brought it up bc he knew that she wouldnt be happy with what he was going to say. and if she got mad they wouldnt be kcufing no more...

she wants a relationship...not a booty call. thats why i think that isnt an option.

TM...I would have done the same thing. I wouldnt stick around until he decided he wanted to be with me...but if i gave her that advice then i would sound like the lonely single girlfriend who dont want her homegirl to be happy. so instead of tellin her what i THOUGHT she should do, i told her to really think about it and make the decision for herself...

Anonymous said...

**NA$HA** - hEY PINK WOW ..IF i HAVEN'T HEARD THIS STORY A TIME OR TWO. i FEEL BAD FOR YOUR FRIEND AND WHATS SHE'S GOING THROUGH B/C HEARING THAT SHE LIKES DUDE SO MUCH I know that CAN BE HEARTBREAKING TO HAVE PUT SO MUCH TIME AND EFFORT INTO THERE RELATIONSHIP... MY ONLY QUESTION IS WHEN SHE STARTED TALKING TO DUDE FROM JUMP..DID SHE ESTAQBLISH WITH HIM WHAT SHE WANTED..AND I wonder the same for him.... I know whenever i was single and I WAS JUST CHILLING AND DOING MY OWN THING THE PERSON KNEW FROM THE DAY WE MET SO IT WOULDN'T BE NO HARD FEELINGS AND THIS THAT OR THE OTHER ! NOW YOU CAN JUST BE CHILLING AT FIRST AND DEVELOP SOMETHING MORE IT JUST SOUNDS LIKE YOUR FRIEND AND THE DUDE DIDN'T JUSTIFY WHAT THEY BOTH WANTED OR THAT THEY WERE NOT ON THE SAME PAGE ABOUT THINGS...TELL HER BE CAREFUL B/C HE JUST GAVE HER THE INDICATION THAT SHE'S NOT THE ONLY PERSON HE IS PROB. GETTING DOWN WITH AND I WOULD HATE FOR HOMEGIRL TO CATCH ANYTHING DUE TO THAT FOOL.

BE-EZ

pink said...

Nasha...She didnt think anything of it when they first started hangin out. He kept askin her for her number and she kept saying no...then finally she gave it to him just thinkin that they would just chill. Then they started hangin out more after he graduated and now here they are 6 months later.

I asked her if she was sure that they were exclusive and she said that when she addressed the issue he assured her that she was the only girl that he was sleeping with (which begs the question: If you're dating someone exclusively for 6 months then how the hell are you not ready for a relationship? isnt it the same thing?)

Latoya said...

I think he is just ridiculous cause he still wants to keep clinging to her.

Well on the other hand if they never talked about being boyfriend and girlfriend your homegirl should not of texted him that on the real.

tell her do not wait for him to be ready for a relationship and to move on cause she's ready for a relationship and it dont seem like he is.

I wouldnt even date somebody longer than a month and not know whats its going to be in the future "girlfriend or fuck buddy". Feel me?

iCandy21 said...

I know EXACTLY how ur friend feels. I dated KK for 6mths (before we became bestis of course), and she gave me the same shit. She wasn't ready, and she liked not having the title...she was still getting over her ex, and blah blah blah. That's bullshit, and ur friend needs to know that nothings going to change and he's not going to want to be her "man" for a long time. When someone has you in a trick back like dating exclusively for 6 mths ur most likely not going to get the title u want until u leave them alone, and they realize how much they really do want u IF they really are on u the way they should be after that long. So...she needs to keep it moving in my opinion, but as u said..thats a decision she has to make for herself.

(vixenchick) said...

that dude is dead wrong!

xoxo

vixen